An exciting range of activities, special events and competitions are held in Toowoomba Region libraries. Check out our online calendar to find what's on at your library. To see the activities specific to your local library, select the location within the calendar.
Queensland Women's Week
Toowoomba Region Libraries was successful in obtaining a Queensland Women’s Week grant to deliver events, projects or activities during Queensland Women's Week 2018 from 3 to 11 March 2018. The events, projects and activities organised aim to inspire women to improve their health and wellbeing, and raise awareness in the community that improving women's wellbeing has benefits for families, children and the wider community.
International Women’s Day at Oakey Library
Date: Thursday 8 March
Time: 1 pm – 2.30 pm
Where: Oakey Library, 60 Campbell Street, Oakey
The event includes guest presenters with a focus on health and wellbeing, and a light lunch is included. If you are interested in attending, please contact Oakey Library on 4692 0154 to RSVP. Click here for more information.
First 5 Forever International Women’s Day
Date: Thursday 8 March
Time: 9.30 am – 1 pm
Where: Bunnings - Toowoomba North, 239 - 267 Ruthven Street Toowoomba
Toowoomba Region Libraries, First 5 Forever and Bunnings Toowoomba North have united to celebrate International Women’s Day with a series of activities that kick off at 9:30 am and go through to 1 pm. Activities are especially suitable for the Mums and Grandmas of under five year olds in our region.
- 9:30 am – 10 am - Story time
- 10 am – 10:30 am - Children’s workshop – make a hula hoop
- 10:30 am – 11:15 am - Hula hooping with Yoga Bhava for adults and children (adult hula hoops provided)
- 11:15 am – 11:45 am - Mindfulness made easy
- 12 noon – 1 pm - Women’s DIY workshop
Morning tea will be provided. There will be a gift for the first 50 women who attend an activity.
Alice in Wonderland Family Fun Day at Toowoomba City Library
Follow the white rabbit to the Toowoomba City Library! For just one day the Civic Precinct will be transformed into Wonderland and everyone is welcome to join the fun!
Where: Toowoomba City Library and Civic Green
When: Saturday, 7 April, 2018 - 9:30am- to 3pm, free entry.
- Face painting from 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Indoor flamingo croquet
- White Rabbit scavenger hunt
- Mad Hatter millinery station for ages 6+. Bookings required, email email@example.com
- Potions class with the White Queen for ages 8+. Bookings required, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lightscape studio green screen photos ($5.00 per print)
- Wonderland markets hosted by Eclectic Emporium
Proudly sponsored by Toowoomba Region and The Friends of the Toowoomba City Library.
Enquiries: Phone 4688 6670 or view the Library Facebook page.
Friends of the Library book sale date claimers
Toowoomba City Library, level 3, 153 - 155 Herries Street
- Friday 16 March (9 am - 4 pm)
- Saturday 17 March (9 am to 2 pm)
- Friday 29 June (9 am - 4 pm)
- Saturday 30 June (9 am to 2 pm)
- Friday 26 October (9 am - 4 pm)
- Saturday 27 October (9 am to 2 pm)
First 5 Forever: Baby Rhyme Time and Story Time
Babies and young children learn best by listening and interacting with the important adults in their lives during everyday activities – whether that’s talking about what you can see on the way to the park, singing nursery rhymes, pointing out something you both view out the window or learning new words while shopping for groceries. Free Baby Time and Story Time sessions are now being run at various locations throughout Toowoomba. First 5 Forever is an initiative of the Queensland Government and the State Library of Queensland.
Anime Club at the Toowoomba City Library
Join us as we watch anime, talk manga, eat food, do a little gaming and host cosplay and trivia competitions. Anime Club is open to ages 12 to 18 only. Bookings are not required. The club runs from 4 to 5.30pm on the last Friday of the month during term time only. Movies of a G, PG, and M rating will be shown.