When planning to carry out works in a road reserve you may need permission to do so. The application process allows us to ensure the works will meet our guidelines particularly in relation to traffic control and infrastructure construction standards.

How to apply

  1. Fill in the Roads - Application to undertake work within the road reserve (PDF for print).
  2. Pay the relevant fee. Fees and can be found in our fees and charges online application.

Related information - gates and grids

In cases where the approval of an adjoining landholder is required, the following form can be used to document consent from neighbours for a proposed gate and/or grid - Roads - Gates & grids adjoining landholder consent (PDF for print).

More information about gates and grids can be found on our 'Gates and grids' webpage.