We are supporting a HUGE number of Christmas events around our region this year, and we would love to see you all there. There's something for everyone; carols, face painting, Santa visits, movies, fireworks, rides and food!
We are hoping for nice weather, but should we not be lucky each day, please be aware that outdoor events are subject to weather conditions.
To find other events in the Toowoomba Region during this period, head to the Events register.
Christmas carnival (Cecil Plains Lions Club)
- Saturday 2 December, 4pm start at Cecil Plains recreation grounds (free entry)
- $1 rides (dodgem cars, joy whizzer, big willy worm, combo slide, jumping castle), food and drinks for purchase, fireworks at 9pm
Carols by candlelight (Cecil Plains Progress, Tourism & Recreation Assoc. Inc)
- Wednesday 13 December at Memorial Hall, Geraghty Street, Cecil Plains
- Sausage sizzle from 5.30pm, carols from 7pm, Santa attending
Christmas street carnival
- Friday 8 December, 6pm - 9pm at King Street, Clifton (King Street will be closed for the event)
- Street markets and food stalls
Christmas in the park
Friday 8 December, Centenary Park Crows Nest
- 5.30 pm: Free carnival rides (jumping castle and merry-go-round)
- 6 pm: Crows Nest Community Choir
- 6.30 pm: Songs by James McKay
- 6.45 pm: Christmas message by Reverend Marjorie Charrington
- 6.50 pm: Sarah Freeman celebrates Christmas (sponsored by New Hope Church)
- 7.30 pm: Santa arrives in the Council Santa sleigh. Distribution of gifts by Santa donated by Crows Nest Lions Club and Toowoomba Regional Council. Distribution of trees from the community nursery.
- 8.30 pm: Finish.
- Friday 1 December, 5 pm – 8 pm at Rosalie Gallery courtyard
- Music, stalls, jumping castle, face painting, ham wheel, BBQ, Christmas tree festival with Santa and his elf arriving by sleigh at 7 pm
- Wednesday 13 December, 6 pm onwards at Rosalie Gallery Courtyard. Carols commence at 7 pm.
Movie and Santa
- Saturday 16 December, 5pm to 9pm at Gowrie Junction Community Hall
- Santa arrives at the hall at 6.30pm, photo shoot with Santa, drinks, sausage sizzle, popcorn, family movie commences at 7.30pm
- Saturday 18 November, 3pm – 7pm at Haden Hall
- Music, food, face painting, Santa visit, children’s entertainment
Santa in the park
- Sunday 26 November, 4pm - 8pm at Kingsthorpe recreation park
- Market stalls, face painting, BBQ, jumping castles, inflatable fun, music, Santa arriving at 6.30pm
Christmas in the bush (Millmerran Commerce & Progress Inc)
- Saturday 25 November, 5pm to 9.30pm at Millmerran showgrounds ($1 entry per head - all rides and entertainment free). Free courtesy bus boarding and returning at Domville Place
- Santa, fireworks, performance by Jess Bernwick, rock climbing wall, face painting, rides, magic show, food, drinks, ice cream and coffee available to purchase
Christmas carols (Millmerran combined churches)
- Wednesday 20 December at Millmerran Hospital Grounds
- Carols by candlelight with guest artists Brendon Walmsley and Soul Connection at 7pm, Santa Claus attending, decorating Christmas box competition, $2 sausage sizzle starting from 6pm, tea, coffee and sweet treats
Carols in the park
- Friday 1 December, 5pm - 8.30pm at Nobby Park, Nobby
- BBQ and jumping castle for children
- Saturday 9 December, 3.30pm - 9.30 pm at the Oakey soccer grounds
- Santa will arrive at 6.45pm, community carols start at 7pm, fireworks at 8pm and a Christmas movie will begin at 8.15pm. There will also be jumping castles, water slides, stalls, competitions, rides and a concert
- Saturday 9 December, 6 pm - 8.30 pm at Peacehaven Park, Highfields
Xmas at the village
- Sunday 10 December, 5pm to 7.30pm at Pittsworth Pioneer Village, Pioneer Way, Pittsworth
- Includes best dressed children's Christmas costume and decorative Christmas boxes competition
Christmas in the park
- Tuesday 19 December, starting at 5pm at Park Street, Pittsworth
- Santa Claus arriving by Santa sleigh, FREE children’s rides, fireworks, BBQ and other refreshments and a presentation to winners of the Christmas light competition in Pittsworth
Toowoomba's Christmas Wonderland - 2 December to 24 December
- The Christmas Wonderland is open each night between 7pm and 10pm from Saturday 2 December to Sunday 24 December at the Botanic Gardens, Queens Park, Campbell Street, Toowoomba.
- Come along and see over 125 major Christmas light displays for a gold coin entry (donated to local charities).
- The event also includes free ice creams for children, sausage sizzle, cold drinks, sales of Glow Products, Lions Christmas Cakes, Christmas Raffle and balloon shapes. Free entertainment each night is provided on main stage by local entertainers plus we have roving groups of entertainers wowing the adults and children. Local dance groups also show off their talents for all to enjoy.
- For coach bookings or further details, head to the Christmas Wonderland website.
Hand Made Under the Stars - 30 November
- Hand Made Under the Stars is open from 4pm - 8pm on 30 November at Cobb & Co Museum at 27 Lindsay Street, Toowoomba
- Cobb+Co Museum is transformed into a twilight artisan market offering the best locally hand made products direct from the maker. There is live music and the opportunity to browse with a glass of wine in hand and chat directly with the people who made the quality products. Hand Made Under the Stars is the ultimate twilight shopping experience with unique gifts from more than 50 selected local artisans. There is delicious food and drinks available to purchase and there will also be wine, cheese and chocolate tastings on offer. It is an all weather venue. Entry to the market is FREE.
- All information about the market can be found on the Hand Made Under Stars webpage
Bush Christmas exhibition - 30 November to 9 December
- The exhibition is open 9am - 6pm from 30 November to 9 December at the Masonic Hall, 58 Neil Street, Toowoomba
- Come along to taste test gourmet delights and find a huge array of quality handmade gifts mostly made in regional Australia
- All the information about our exhibitors and the great line up of Australian homemade gifts is on the Bush Christmas website
Christmas in the CBD - 30 November
City Hall, Ruthven Street
- 5 pm - 5.30 pm - CD music
- 5.30 pm - 5.55pm - Sing Australia
- 6 pm - 6.04pm - Toowoomba City Cheerleaders crowd warm-up and poem
- 6.05 pm - 6.35 pm - The Helen Earley carollers
- 6.33 pm - 6.35 pm - Toowoomba Cheerleaders - warm-up
- 6.37 pm - 6.57 pm - Harlaxton RSL brass band
- 6.58 pm - MC crowd warm-up, Santa sleigh arrival, cheerleaders countdown, City Hall light up by the Mayor, fanfare by brass brand
- 7.03 pm - Santa sleigh procession leaves City Hall (includes band, the sleigh and cheerleaders) and goes down Ruthven Street to Russell Street, u-turns at Russell to come back up Ruthven stopping at Bell Street Mall for Jingle Bells, keeps going to right turn on Margaret Street, finishing at Grand Central central square (see map below).
- 7.30 pm - Sleigh procession arrives at Grand Central and Santa departs
City Hall, Kids activities
- 5 pm - 7.15pm - Popcorn booth by The Gallery Shop, carousel & shark slide & tea cup ride
Bell Street Mall
- 5 pm - 6 pm - Toni Mitchell Duo on stage
- 5 pm - 7 pm - Balloon twisting, giant board games, Jenga
- 5 pm - 7.15 pm - Elf hat making workshop
- 6 pm - 6.30 pm - Games: limbo stick (10 mins), parachute (10 mins), hula hooping (10 mins)
- 6.30 pm - 7 pm - Tomnet Minstrels on stage
- 7 pm - 7.30 pm - Greek Dancers and Sudanese dancers perform around stage and Ruthven St area of mall to build up crowd for Santa, carols from stage, Santa sleigh arrives at front of mall and Santa greets all while the band plays a round of Jingle Bells before the sleigh moves on to Grand Central