Footpath priorities are assessed on the following criteria:
- The number of pedestrians using the area.
- The type of pedestrians e.g. children, mothers with prams.
- The surrounding facilities, such as schools, hospitals, aged-care facilities and residential areas.
- Whether the location is included in the Toowoomba Cycle & Pedestrian Strategy or other planning strategies for towns and villages.
- Type of road (ie. arterial, sub-arterial, distributor or residential).
- Whether the location connects to other footpaths and/or public transport.
We are working on a Footpath Development Plan for the Toowoomba Region. This plan will identify potential new footpath locations in townships throughout our region.
If a footpath request is assessed as having a high or medium priority, it will then be listed in our 10 year capital works program for future funding consideration, noting that these projects are also prioritised against all other projects region-wide on an annual basis.
If you have any enquiries regarding this matter please contact our Road Operations Branch via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 131 872.