Medium level (200 litres/person/day) - Brookstead, Cambooya, Cecil Plains, Clifton, Greenmount, Hodgson Vale (includes Top Camp), Pittsworth, Southbrook, Vale View & Yarraman schemes.
Continuation of permanent conservation measures (200 litres/person/day) - Toowoomba Bulk Water Supply Scheme (Oakey, Jondaryan, Haden, Crows Nest, Highfields, Kingsthorpe, Gowrie Junction, Meringandan, Toowoomba City, Westbrook and Goombungee)
The Pittsworth area was originally part of a larger Jondaryan Shire. Following representations to the Department of Local Government, a ballot was held that resulted in Pittsworth being proclaimed a local authority on 24 April 1913.
The first council meeting was held at the Lyceum Hall Pittsworth on 9 July 1913, where WP Copp was elected chairman.
The same meeting saw Mr W O'Hara appointed as acting council clerk, discussions regarding acquiring a site for the new shire office and the appointment of a foreman of works, plus the rate for all three divisions was set at 1 and 1/4 pence in the pound. A new council office and hall was constructed in 1914 at a cost of £766.
In November 1913 it was decided to call applications for a maintenance man. The successful applicant was to supply a dray, two horses, plough, scoop and all necessary tools.
In 1956 a new Civic Centre was built for £62,000 which consisted of a Town Hall and Shire Chambers.
Prior to the 2008 merger into Toowoomba Regional Council, the Pittworth Shire Council comprised of an independently elected mayor and six councillors.
1913-15 W P Copp
1915-17 J Bickerton
1917-18 W Sullivan
1918-21 A C Kreig
1921-23 J Bickerton
1923 J Holmes
1923-36 A C Kreig
1936-39 W Lee-Archer
1939-46 A C Kreig
1946-49 W Lee-Archer
1949-57 A Fletcher
1957-67 L Joppich
1967-85 R T Stirling
1985-94 L D Stallman
1994-98 W J Drummond
1998-2008 R S Scotney