Past mayors

Find out about the past achievements and careers of the past mayors in our region.

Toowoomba City Council mayors - year unknown - photo courtesy of Google
Toowoomba City Council Past Chairmen and Mayors 1861-62, 64,67,83-84 WM Henry Groom1863 A H Thompson1865 Thomas George Robinson1866 Edwin Woodward Robinson1868-69 Joseph Wonderley ...
Silos at Cambooya
Council history Cambooya Shire was created by severance from Clifton Shire on 4 June 1914. Part of Tarampa Shire was added in 1915 and part of Drayton Shire was added in 1949. In 2004 the Shire included the towns of Cambooya, East Greenmount, Greenmount and Wyreema. It also included the localities of Ascot, Budgee, Felton, Finnie, Hirstglen, Hodgson Vale, Mt Rascal, Nobby, Preston, Ramsay, Top Camp, Vale View, West Haldon and Westbrook. ...
Council history The Shire of Clifton was originally constituted a Divisional Board by proclamation dated 11 November 1879 under the Divisional Boards Act. The first meeting of the board took place on 3 February 1880. In 1903, the Clifton Divisional Board was abolished by the Governor-in-Council and the Clifton Shire Council was created. The Clifton Shire area comprised of 865 square km with a population of about 2600. The Shire office was opened ...
Council history 11 November 1879 - Highfields Divisional Board was proclaimed under the Divisional Boards Act of 1879 13 March 1903 - Highfields Shire Council was proclaimed and replaced the Highfields Divisional Board 25 January 1913 - The Shire of Crows Nest was formed, comprising of an area excised from the existing Highfields Shire 19 March 1949 - Highfields Shire Council and Gatton Shire Council both abolished, with part of the area included within ...
Council history The first meeting of the Jondaryan Divisional Board was held on 3 February 1880,chaired by Hon. James Taylor M.L.A. The meeting was held at the Royal Hotel, Snell Street, Toowoomba and continued to be held in the same building for the next 80 years In 1903, the Jondaryan Divisional Board was renamed as a result of the new Local Government Act 1903. Ten years later, the Council's boundaries were reorganised ...
Council history The first meeting of the Rosalie Divisional Board was held at the Police Station House, Jondaryan, on the 13 February 1880. In 1902, the board was renamed Rosalie Shire Council. Council offices were located in Toowoomba from 1880 - 1985. During this period, Council offices relocated four times - Russell Street (adjoining the Queensland National Bank), 239 Margaret Street, 141 Herries Street and Neil Street. Over the years, a number ...
Back to top