How we can help
Our cemetery staff can liaise with your funeral director to make all the necessary arrangements to use a new interment site, or to re-use an existing site. Once an application has been received from the funeral director, we will issue an interment permit. We keep a record of the site number, name of deceased, age of deceased etc.
Our cemetery grounds persons arrange for the digging of the grave and where possible, for facilities to be available at the funeral service such as a grave lowering device, temporary shelter, chairs etc.
If you wish to find out if another interment can take place in an existing grave, please speak to your funeral director or contact us.
Southern Reflection Room - Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery
Located within the historic grounds of the Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery, the Southern Reflection Room is a versatile reflection space available for funerals, catering or functions for up to 50 people. Room hire includes use of Southern Reflection Room for up to a period of two hours, hire does not include service staff. Please contact cemetery staff for extended booking times and fees.
- Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery is not a licenced venue and alcohol consumption is not permitted within the grounds of the cemetery.
- Special dietary requirement are welcome with 48 hours notice.
- Guests are not permitted to bring in home made or externally provided food.
- Additional charges apply for weekends and public holidays.
- Minimal catering for 20 guests.
Prices can be found in the Cemeteries - Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery Southern Reflection Room brochure.
Services we don't provide
There are a few services we are unable to provide, but other external suppliers will be able to take care of these needs for you.
- If you'd like to organise a cremation pease speak to your funeral director or a crematorium.
- Please contact your funeral director to organise religious services or a celebrant.
Maintenance of grounds
We are responsible for maintaining the cemetery grounds at Council owned cemeteries. This includes mowing of the cemetery and repairing sunken graves.
To report any issues please contact us with the following information: cemetery name, plot number and details of the grave.