Alert - Wheelie bin collection
Your wheelie bin collection is continuing, so please keep putting your bins out on your regular service day. Remember to have your bin out by 6am of the collection day (by 5am if you live in the Toowoomba CBD area)
With all the extra time at home, if you're decluttering, please make sure that you comply with what types of waste can go in your wheelie bins.
The Reviva Re-Use Shop has been temporarily closed until further notice.
Located at the Greater Toowoomba Waste Management Facility, the Reviva Re-use Shop sells a diverse range of products including building supplies, household furniture, office furniture, bicycles, bric-a-brac, collectables, kitchenware, electrical goods, white goods, books, music, movies, toys, tools and machinery, bbqs, household items and appliances, sporting goods, plus much more.
It offers a pleasing and unique shopping experience with many bargains to be found. Why buy new when you can give something a second life! Be it shopping, reusing, refurbishing, repairing, re-purposing or recycling, you are making a social and environmental difference by using Reviva Re-use Shop, so thank you!
The Re-use Shop is managed by Resource Recovery Australia in partnership with us. Resource Recovery Australia is a nationally operating social enterprise providing reuse, repair and recycling services and creating jobs for individuals experiencing disadvantage. For more information, please go to their website or Facebook page.
Greater Toowoomba Waste Management Facility (270 O'Mara Road, Wellcamp). Open address in Google maps.
Opening days: Thursday to Sunday (public holidays as advertised by Resource Recovery Australia).
Opening hours: 9am - 4pm.
For further information please call the Reviva Re-use Shop on 07 4688 6290.
Trash & Treasure is available at several waste management facilities and offers many unique and useful items to take home at a bargain price. It’s also the ideal solution for items that you no longer use, need or want, but could be used, needed or wanted by others.
Trash & Treasure can be found at the following waste management facilities:
- Crows Nest
Trash & Treasure is available at each of the facilities during the open hours of the individual facility. Waste management facility locations and opening hours are available here.
Trash & Treasure is operated by Ability Enterprises, which also manages the gatehouses and provides grounds maintenance services at our waste management facilities. Ability Enterprises is a not for profit social enterprise, based in the Toowoomba region, that provides employment opportunities for people who face barriers to employment. For further information, please visit their website or Facebook page.
If you wish to donate items that are in a saleable condition you can bring them to either the Reviva Re-use Shop or a facility where Trash & Treasure is operated.
- Reviva Re-use Shop - Please take your donation items to the Resource Recovery Area at the Greater Toowoomba Waste Management Facility and speak to our friendly staff there. They will ensure all saleable items are separated, sorted, prepared for sale and transferred to the Re-use Shop, ready for a new life.
- Trash & Treasure - At Trash & Treasure locations, please advise the gatehouse operator on arrival that you have items to donate and they’ll direct you to where you can drop off your donations.
Accepted items for donation
We happily accept most items provided they are suitable for resale and in good working order; not incomplete, broken, damaged, stained or torn.
We do accept some broken or damaged items, including furniture, bicycles, lawnmowers, gardening equipment, white goods, etc., so long as they are easily repairable or suitable for parts. Please check with our staff on arrival.
Items not accepted for donation
We do not accept:
- Anything with ripped, dirty or stained fabric
- Car parts (excluding bumper bars and tow bars)
- Child car seats, baby capsules and child restraints
- Cots, prams and high chairs made prior to 2009
- Fire extinguishers
- Gas bottles
- Safety equipment, including personal protective equipment
- Helmets (bike, cricket, horse riding or motorbike)
- Aquatic toys and flotation aids
- Pillows, towels, blankets and bed linen
- Plasterboard or fibreboard