Community support grants of up to $2,500 are available with grant rounds available twice annually:
|Opening date||Closing date|
|1 February||1 March|
|1 July||1 August|
Organisations can apply for a community support grant if they:
- are an eligible community organisation or are under the auspices of an eligible community organisation as defined in the Community Grants Policy.
- operate or provide services within the Toowoomba Regional Council area.
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
Who can't apply:
- For-profit companies, trusts and other organisations
- Unions and student guilds
- Research foundations
- Professional associations
- An organisation that has been granted approval for support through a Toowoomba Regional Council program for the same project
- Organisations that have not acquitted previous Council grants
The community support grant program seeks to provide support for projects that:
- demonstrate collaboration and partnerships between community organisations
- encourage and assist community interaction and inclusiveness
- foster indigenous, multicultural and inter-generational understanding and equity
- support innovation, forward thinking and learning opportunities
- upgrade facilities to meet standards, regulations and community expectations
- meet changing community needs and/or increase facility usage
Community support grants will not fund:
- Loan or other debt repayments
- Recurrent administration and running costs, such as:
- Regular wages
- Regular office expenses
- Rent, mortgage repayments or land purchases
- Equipment that has a short life or needs regular replacement
- Rates, utilities, energy, insurance or regulatory expenses
- Projects with a commercial purpose
- Projects which are of a private as opposed to community benefit. (Note: For larger projects of both private and community benefit, only the portion of the project which is of community benefit shall be eligible for funding)
- Projects already funded by other Toowoomba Regional Council Grant programs
- Prize money, trophies, raffle prizes or fundraising
Preference will be given to applications that:
- facilitate deliverable outcomes for the community - that is, provide programs, facilities or capital works
- demonstrate self-help, commitment and future sustainability
- are identified within a strategic planning framework
- are not duplicating existing projects, activities or events
How to apply
If you require assistance completing the application, please contact us via phone on 131 872 and ask to speak with a grants officer.
- Read the 2.11 Community Support Grant Program Guidelines and check you are eligible:
- If you are eligible, apply for a community grant using the Grants - Community grants application form (for print).
- Lodge the application prior to 5pm on the closing date (grant rounds close 1 March or 1 August).
Online statistical tool (providing information on the Toowoomba Region's population and economic breakdown)