The Oakey Youth Project was created to assist young people aged between 12 and 24 years of age build resilience by developing skills and habits to help navigate life. Resilience is an important life quality to help young people deal with experiences and difficulties. Community-led wellbeing activities and programs will be delivered as part of the project.
The project will run until June 2021.
The Oakey Youth Project is the result of a partnership with Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN who have joined with us to provide the funds necessary for this important project.
Activities and programs
Some of the activities and programs which will be delivered as part of the project will focus on:
- creative art programs and events
- opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people to connect to their culture and tell their stories
- training and job ready activities for young people for employment preparation
- equipping and empowering leaders of sporting and other community groups to identify when a young person in their world requires support
- social events to help young people develop safe and healthy relationships.
- life skill programs for young people to develop confidence and obtain the skills they need to live healthy and hope filled lives
The Oakey Youth Project will partner with community service organisations to deliver the activities and programs.