The Youth Support access service is a free service for all young people aged between 8 to 21. The service provides:
- young people and their families with information on available services and resources
- an initial needs assessment to identify how to assist young people that may require help with presenting issues
- assistance with referrals and advocacy, to assist young people to access relevant mainstream and specialist services e.g. drug and alcohol, education, mental health and homelessness services
- identification of the most appropriate assistance available in accordance with a young person’s level of need and circumstances
- assistance providing practical support until the appropriate referral is completed.
For more information or to gain access to the Youth Support program please contact us via email or phone 131 872.
Youth support online contact
We provide an online service for young people to contact a member of the Youth Support team when requiring practical and emotional support. All young persons are welcome to contact us via the online form below, and start a conversation about a life problem, ask for advice or support or just simply talk with someone that cares.
A member of the Youth Support team will respond within three days after receiving the form.
If you are in an emergency situation or at immediate risk of harm please phone emergency services on 000.
Other helpful contacts
- Beyond blue: 1300 224 636
- Headspace: 1800 650 890