The Toowoomba Regional Council Local Disaster Management Group (LDMG) ensures where possible, appropriate disaster management arrangements are in place for any disaster. These arrangements include plans, committees, response capabilities and a program to tie all of these elements together.
During a local disaster event, the LDMG facilitates cooperation between all agencies and emergency services involved, including:
- Toowoomba Regional Council
- State Emergency Service
- Queensland Police Service
- Queensland Fire & Emergency Service
- Queensland Ambulance Service
- Queensland Health Service
- Department of Transport & Main Roads
- Ergon Energy
- ABC Radio
The LDMG follows the Toowoomba Regional Council Local Disaster Management Plan, which details the arrangements for the coordination and management of resources to ensure and maintain safe communities within the region before, during and after a disaster.
- Ensure there is a current LDMP and that we have an integrated disaster management capability
- Ensure that the disaster management system is reviewed and tested
- Foster an all-agencies approach and a high level of cooperation
- Activate in a disaster to exercise strategic level management of TRC response to, and recovery from, the event for the benefit of the community
More information on the structure of disaster management system can be found on the Local Government Association of Queensland website.