With the new year, Toowoomba Regional Council’s (TRC) healthy communities’ initiative is giving resident new opportunities to get active with CHANGE Project providers.
TRC Environment and Community Chair, Cr Geoff McDonald said that if you’re still looking for that healthy inspiration for your New Year resolution or just some fun and beginner-friendly activities to kick start the year, then look no further than the CHANGE Project.
“Our award-winning CHANGE project provides affordable health and fitness options for the Toowoomba Region community, including these new providers, to support and promote positive and mental wellbeing,” Cr McDonald said.
“With around 90 providers, the community has a host of opportunities to take on a new CHANGE class and get out and active in our Region.
“The list of new activities grows each year and includes a variety of choices to cater to for all age groups and interests.
“While there are plenty of great fitness classes and boot camps to choose from, the CHANGE Project also offers aqua classes, gentle exercise for seniors, yoga, meditation, kid’s activities, Heart Foundation Walking Groups, and healthy eating workshops.
“For the youngsters, a new Kids Mindfulness group in Toowoomba adds to the Ginger Sport Soccer classes on offer at Vale View and Queens Park.
“There are also plenty of groups to help your inner core and mindfulness with groups providing Chair Yoga, Stretch and Yoga, and a new Tai Chi group in Clifton.
“All classes are beginner-friendly and pay as you go, so perfect if you are starting your exercise journey, or like a variety of classes without being locked into membership fees.
“The CHANGE Project offers many regular activities across the region and are provided for free or, as little as $5, to help you be active and live well.
“The new providers join a broad range of low-cost activities and wellness options that are available through the award-winning CHANGE project.”
The latest activities to join the CHANGE Project. Please contact the providers directly to participate in an activity:
- $3 Tennis Group Fitness, Thur, 5-6 pm, Wyreema Tennis Court, Umbriam Road, Wyreema, Contact Stuart on 0408 491 896 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- $5 Set ‘n Reps, Fri 9.30 am, 3/16-18 Dexter St, contact Annemarie on 0412 792 017 or email email@example.com
- $5 Kids Mindfulness, Tues 6.15 pm, 2 Mann St, Toowoomba, contact Jody on 0429 465 316 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free Discount Drug Store Walking Group, Wed 8 am, 8 Mylne St, Toowoomba, contact Katrina on 4637 1888
- $5 Clifton Tai Chi, Thurs 2 pm, Kate St, Clifton, contact Louise on 0419 786 502
- $5 Aqua Zumba, Tues 1.30 pm, 30 Erin St, Toowoomba, contact Tim on 0434 372 540 or email email@example.com
- $5 TAPfit, Sat 9 am, 549 Ruthven St, Toowoomba, contact Tim on 0434 372 540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- $5 Oakey Aqua Aerobics, Thurs 10.30, 26 Campbell St, Oakey, contact Jodie on 4691 1038
- $5 Crows Nest Circuit Class, Tues, Fri & Sat 9 am, New England Highway, Crows Nest, contact Steve on 0438 106 871
- $5 Gentle Chair Yoga, Tues 4 pm, 10 High Court Dr, Highfields, Contact Jenny on 0404 831 713 or email email@example.com
- $3 Stretch and Recovery, Fri 6.15 am, Queens Park, Toowoomba, contact Georgi on 0429 817 762 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free Ginger Sport Fun Soccer, Fri 12.30 pm, Queens Park, Toowoomba, contact Ginger Sport on 3890 3338 or email email@example.com
- Free Ginger Sport Fun Soccer, Mon 1 pm, Vale View Crescent, Highfields, contact Ginger Sport on 3890 3338 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, and to view the full range of CHANGE project activities, please visit www.tr.qld.gov.au/change or phone 131 872.