- Submit their application on the approved form.
- Supply the application fee where applicable.
- Provide sufficient information to identify the information required.
- If acting as an agent for the applicant, provide the authority of the applicant.
- If your application relates to your personal information, provide proof of your identity at the time of lodgement, or within 10 business days.
Accepted forms of proof of identity include a passport, a copy of a birth certificate or extract, a driver’s licence, a statutory declaration from an individual who has known the person for at least one year, or a copy of a prisoner’s identity card that is certified by a Corrective Services officer. The list of documents set out in the Regulations is not exhaustive and other documents may also satisfy the evidence of identity requirements.
- Send your application to us either by hand to a customer service area or post to: The Chief Executive Officer, Toowoomba Regional Council, PO Box 3021, Toowoomba Qld 4350.
Right to information fees and charges
There will be no charge for examining any publication scheme information contained on our website. There is no charge for applications to access or amend a person’s own personal information. An application fee is payable when lodging an application for non-personal documents. There are also charges for processing and photocopying released documents. These fees are set by the State Government and can be located by clicking on the following link: RTI fees and charges. When making a non-personal application, you will receive a notice of estimated charges and you will be invited to discuss options for reducing the cost.